Anyone in the South have any tips on Brown Recluses (fiddler spiders)?

I have recluses coming in my bathroom. Normally, they are, well...reclusive. But these are coming right out in the open. I have found 4 in my house in a week, 3 of them in the bathtub. They can't crawl out, so I can trap them...but this is scary! We have an exterminator coming, but it'll be a week before he comes. What can I do to keep my little ones from getting a bite??

Mom22Gurls82

Asked by Mom22Gurls82 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I agree with scout-mom, we also buy a spray at the co-op its called Demon something (it's concentrated and you mix with water in a gallon sprayer) around $50 for a small bottle that makes enough to last for a couple of years for us with doing quarterly sprayings. You can also order some sticky traps online that are really good for catching them (the flat ones made for spiders). We had an infestation like that several years ago because of a real bad drought in our area, and we used a combination of the traps and spray to get them under control.
    BeulahBuford

Answer by BeulahBuford at 4:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We buy a spray at the co-op and hubby sprays our yard and our home once a month. It's less expensive than an exterminator and it works better than the stuff he uses.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Maybe buy bug spray and spray them yourself til the bug guy comes. ( my husband got bite in his sleep and the tip of his finger came off by the time he woke up in the morning . Those spiders scare me, We don't have them where were from he got bite in OK
    Anonymous

• Thanks...they are terribly scary! I am so worried that one of my little ones (or me or my dh) will be bitten in our sleep. I'll try it!
    Mom22Gurls82

Comment by Mom22Gurls82 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• KILL THEM!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Honestly - pay an exterminator is your best bet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would get a good spray or call an exterminator.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thanks for the comments, guys!! I'm gonna try 'em all!!!
    Mom22Gurls82

Comment by Mom22Gurls82 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You can go to Walmart and pick up a spider pesticide. I would pour it around your home.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Also be sure to check their shoes before they put them on, that is one of their favorite hiding places.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2011