How can I get my son to sleep ?

he is a 4 yr. old. he has a night light but says he is scared of the dark. I don't know what to do he will not go to sleep until like 4 in te morn. I go to sleep before him.

mopsmom22

Asked by mopsmom22 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter had this horrible sleep disorder since birth. It was so bad!! She wasn't scared, she just could not sleep. The doctors tried everything. Finally, I found Melatonin. It is the natural chemical that our brain secretes when we are young. The older we get, the less we have.
    I asked the doctors what they thought. They said that because it was natural, it was better than not sleeping. GNC makes a cherry flavored pill that disolves under the tongue (It has to say sub-lingual on it) in about 1 minute. I swear it has been a Godsend. I give it to her, and she is asleep within 5 minutes. If you don't have a GNC, they sell it at Rite-Aid in their GNC section. Google Melatonin if you feel uncomfortable about it. Also, ask your doctor. It has saved my life.
    -Chelsea
    chelseaa

Answer by chelseaa at 1:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008