Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do I unclog my ear WITHOUT going to the Dr?

For the last week my right ear has been clogged, at first it was accompanied with pain but the pain has subsided now; this is driving me insane!!! I have tried q-tips and just regular oil when I had pain.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

Answers (7)
  • If you've been having pain then you really do need to see the doc. That clog may just be an ear infection. I had one a couple of months ago, and after one day of pain the only symptom was a very stuffed ear. I needed antibiotics and steroids to clear it.

    There are ear-cleaning kits available in the drug store.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • Go buy some Mucinex. I have Eustation tube dysfunction and that is what it sounds like you have too. It is when the tube from your ear to your nasal passages gets clogged. I use the Mucinex and recommended by my doctor and it clears up in a few days. Make sure to drink plenty of water and to take it as often as directed.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • If running a temp you need to see the doctor to rule out an infection. If not then can buy ear clog medicine drops over the counter at most stores. My ear was doing that and someone at kroger told me to take a musus medicine and I could tell the difference within a couple of hours and withen two days is was gone. I was confuesed since musus medicine since did not have a cold and boy did it work great. It helps with the drainage.

    Answer by momindiana at 4:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • A few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide

    Answer by Candi1024 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • It really depends on why it's clogged. Is it wax build up or fluid behind the eardrum? If it is wax build up from draining then you can buy a kit that comes with a small bulb syringe and some drops. You put the drops in and then squirt water in your ear till the wax comes out.. If it is fluid behind your eardrum you can buy some drops for swimmers ear and take sudafed. Finding out which it is, it the hard part.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • You could go to a holistic place or health food shop and have it candled.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • have you tried cleaning your ear with the candle cone system? you can get it at a health store and its a cone that you lay on your side put the cone in your ear and light the top and the smoke goes into your ear and uncloggs it

    Answer by angeleyz375 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.