Any suggestions?

Any suggestions on how to keep my daughter entertained while we move? She seems to be even more needy now than ever and just has to have me hold her. She will be screaming bloody murder but the second I pick her up she is happy as can be until I set her down again. Could it be because the new house is strange to her and our old house is feeling strange because of all the boxes?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probley the new place. I would try to find some of her items to make her feel better. Once she sees that all her things made it to the new house I think she will be fine with things. Just hang in there. Walk her though the house to get her comfortable with it at night. I know young but will be amazed at the things they remember even at that age. also might be teething as well so rule that out as well
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• How old is she? I'd suggest baby wearing, in a wrap or mei tai. If she has good head control you could wear her on your back in a mei tai.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Can you wear her, in a sling or baby Bjorn carrier? That's my first thought. I am sure all of the change is unnerving to her which is to be expected. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• She is almost 9 months, I do have a baby carrier, but it tends to get in the way when I am trying to get things done.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You need a mei tai, you'd be totally hands free with her on your back!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• does she get upset when she's not being held or just when she cant see you? i know my son is fine to be set down when i'm within seeing/hearing distance but gets upset if i go in another room for too long. maybe keep her in the stroller next to you if thats the case? if not then a carrier you can wear on your back so you can still do things?

good luck with your baby and your move! i hope things get a little easier for you!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• She used to be happy as long as she could see me, but now she is pulling on my leg crying and crying until I hold her, and she is not too fond of our carrier because she can't reach my face. She follows me around crying all day for me to pick her up. I feel like I am not much help because I can't really lift much anyways so my plan was to pack but she is making that near impossible.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• New house. My Prue had the same problem.
    PrueMom

Answer by PrueMom at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011