Not sure what to do with my kitten?!

I will be going out of town for a couple of days and have no one to look after my 10 week old kitten. I've asked a few people but they are unable to help me out and I have even looked up pet boarding places in the area but they require your pet to have certain vaccinations. He has had his first round of shots but not all the ones that are required. I have no clue what else to do. I feel like he may be too young to be left alone for 2 nights. What do you ladies think? Would he be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pets

• He should be just fine for a couple of nights by himself. Leave a bunch of food and get an extra litter box. Make sure there is water too. Cats are pretty resilient, unlike dogs that need constant attention. LOL
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• As long as he has plenty of food and water,u can put him in the bathroom on a blanket to sleep on. Can u have a neighbor or a family member check on him?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am so sorry, I think you need to look harder for a kittensitter. I know this must by annoying, but the baby is just to young to be left alone. Good luck!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Two Days & Nights are a pretty long time for a Kitten to stay by itself- it would be alot better if you could find someone to atleast go check on him & give him fresh water & food or just let the place that you called to board him give the rest of his shots while he is there & then he can stay- lots of luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would keep looking, do you not have pet sitters who come in and see to your animal in you area? A kitten does need attention and two days and nights is a long time. I hope you can sort something out.
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Try your Vet they should be able to board your little furbaby
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Your 2month old kitten is curious at this age and even though he may have food and water and litter box. he will get bored eventually and might tear your place to shreds in two days. Unless he's declawed ...I wouldn't rec leaving him like that. Really. They can do some serious damage,, get hung up in places they cant get out also....I just wouldn't have a good feeling about that.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would at least have a neighbor check on him a few times a day while you are gone
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• we leave our cats for 2 days at a time and they are just fine no need for an extra liter box either just put the food out and in a couple different places and make sure to leave plenty of water what we have done is gotten dishes that dispense a certain amount of food or water and when we go away we just fill them up.

Cats will be just fine if left alone for 2 days; we were concerned at first and talked to our vet and she told us as long as the liter box is clean and there is plenty of food and water put out for them, they will be fine, no need for anyone to check on them either. You may want to confine him to a room where his food and liter box are at so that he doesn't tear up the house. Just go and have fun.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011