When potty training, what worked best for you at night?

Did you wait until your children consistently woke up dry and just put them in underwear at night from the beginning, with little to no mishaps?

Did you put them in underwear and have to wash a lot of bedding at first?

Did you keep them in diapers at night while potty training during the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/A-Potty-Accidents-Nighttime.html

Staying dry at night is physiological, not a learned behavior. Some kids will start staying dry before the age of 3, and some won't be able to do so until they're 5 or 6.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my 2.5 year old is potty-training and wearing diapers at night (i also have a 17 month old and they wear the same size so its cheaper than me buying diapers and pull ups) but at naptime she just wears panties. her naptime accidents are very rare, but since she's still daytime training i don't think she's ready to go panties only at bedtime. when she's fully daytime trained then i will take away the diapers altogether. personally i think when they're fully trained during the day it's time to keep it panties only and just deal with the laundry. my oldest is 4 and a half, has been potty-trained for over 2 years but still wets her bed sometimes, and i'm certainly not going to put a pullup on her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My 3YO DD is wearing her training pants at night but goes potty during the day, she's even dry during nap time.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When first potty training I kept my son in pull ups at night. Once I started to notice that he was dry 5 out of 7 nights a week I started to switch him to underwear at night. Yes I changed a lot of sheets at night but haven't changed any in 4 months or so or around the time he turned 4. We started potty training consistently a couple months before age 3.
    Willsmommmie

Answer by Willsmommmie at 8:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• when i get to that.. which will be soon. i am going to wait for a week or so then have him just put on underwear and see how it goes.. just like potty training excepts make sure he doesn't drink too much before bed and make sure they have a towel under the blanket so incase they do oops .
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• when i was potty training my kids i didnt let them have anything to drink 1 hour before bed ,it works
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 4:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2011