Inducing Labor at home... do these ways work??

Ok.. so I am pregnant with baby #3 and going into week 37.. Reading up on ways to bring on labor at home and just wondering if they really work..

The things I have been reading say curtain herbs work like black and blue cohosh.

SEX but you and and hubby both have to have get off for it to work.

WALKING

Pineapple

Castro Oil

Do these work.. with my first 2 I was induce cause I was not going into labor.. so just wondering if these work so that when i get down to the last week I can try to help bring on the labor without the help of drugs..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• castro oil only makes u poop!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• forget about castor oil, We're trying to make my SIL to go into labor by making her walk a lot but not working might be different...
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• walking or going up and down stairs did it for me. all you can do is try, at least the first two.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 5:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think they only work if you are close to going into labour anyhow.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 5:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sex was what worked for me with my ds. with dd NOTHING worked and finally had to be induced.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 6:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• nothing will work unless your body is ready. you can refuse to be induced as well.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Not really, but it's fun to try! (other than the castor oil - that's no fun!)

Answer by missanc at 6:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011