How should i take my little boy off bottles ?

My son Kaleb will be 16 months old on the 9th of july, and people tell me all the time i should take him off bottles ... i have tried before and gave him a sippy cup he does well with it during the day but when its bed time he will not go to sleep with out his bottle, he screams ! ... but sometimes i think is he too young ? or maybe his bottle gives him comfort because he doesn't have a pacifier or a blanky or anything ? ... is it even worth taking him off the bottle right now ?

4-9-10-KMB

Asked by 4-9-10-KMB at 5:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son will be 2 at the end of August and we just got rid of the nighttime bottle last week. He uses sippy cups all day long, and only got 4 oz. of milk at night while I read a story & rocked him. Do you put the bottle in the bed with him? Maybe start by rocking or cuddling while he drinks the milk, then put him in bed without it. In the end, if you feel he's not ready, don't push it. He will get there soon enough. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We decided to take the bottle away from my little girl and what we done was told her that our puppy dog needed them or he would cry. For a few nights incase she would throw a fit, we kept them in the floor beside the bed instead of giving it to her just when she wanted it. She just seemed to forget about them. When she moved on to the sippy cups, we would tell her that only the big girls get them and cheer her on when she would choose them. Just find something they like and relate it & encourage him.
    CuriousGirl607

Answer by CuriousGirl607 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• thank you guys, and i do put him to bed with the bottle and he does fall asleep well without a bottle when we read him story's the tricky part is getting him to his crib without waking him up lol.
    4-9-10-KMB

Comment by 4-9-10-KMB (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011