Do you think its right for your MIL not to see your child or even call to see how your child is doing?

its been a year since my monster in law has even bothered, and I think its horrible especially since my child is her only grandchild!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• if she is a monster i wouldnt want my MIL to contact her grandchild.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I guess everybody makes their own choices. I think someday she is going to regret this and in the end she will be the only one who loses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• At least she just stays out and doesnt confuse your child my MIL pops in and out of my daughters life and my daughter doesnt understand that her nana is crazy and has major problems she thinks she is doing something wrong!!! I would be thrilled if my MIL would leave us the heck alone and stop begging for money lol!!! If it bothersyou and you have a relationship with her at all ask her to stop by or if you can go there if you care that much!!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• proudmama9128= no I dont have a good relationship with her and I dont care about her, its just that i'm worried what if my son later on starts asking for her and she was never there for him, hopefully he can realize that but right now hes only 3 so hes still to small to understand, I just hope she doesnt try to pretend she was there for him when she wasnt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Is it right? No. Does it happen yes. Unfortunately, in my case it's my mom who hasn't seen the kids, or called since early Aug, when we got into an arguement. Sometimes, it's for the best. My older dd still asks if we can go see her, but the younger one doesn't really even know her since she last saw her when she was about 6 months old. Sometimes you just have to let it be, they will be the ones to regret it later in life.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I know my daughter is only 2 and she doesnt understand why sometimes her nana wants to see her and others she doesnt! When your son gets old enough just explain to him that its not his fault and it is her loss!! I am having to relize that it is her loss because my daughter gets enough love from my parents and me and my husband and that her "NANA" missed out on the funniest years of their lives! My moms dad has had nothing to do with me or my brother since we were 5 and 8 it was really hard for my mom but everything is ok! It is just important to let him know that she loves him and if she decides to come back it is your choice to let her in or not and if you decide to let her come into his life then you have to forgive her for not being there earlier or your son will suffer!!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would be ecstatic! lol But really, she's the one missing out. When your son is older, if he asks about it you can explain to him that it was her choice, not anything he did, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Some people just don't care which is really sad because the oly one that's going to get hurt is your child but you can't force her to be a good grandmother.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My FIL has not seen my 3 kids in about 3 years..............AND he's never seen my youngest who is 2. It is their loss. You get used to that void, but it does bother me. I always say, "how can he not even care to attempt to see these wonderful kids who are a part of him?" He also has 2 more grandkids from my SIL. One day it will haunt them, and then it may be to late, IMO.  He should be begging to see them, as should yours. 

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My dad has not seen my kids in maybe 2 years? Really can't remember. Since then I have had another baby and haven't told him about her. She's 8 months. I think it's better this way as I've never had a great relationship with him and he was so in and out of my life. My kids have plenty of people in their lives who love them because they want to not out of obligation. My kids having have met him and each time having to explain who he was and what they can call him, etc..... They have never asked about him or where he is.
    How is your husbands relationship with your MIL? How was his relationship with her when he was growing up? That could shed some light as far as what to expect in the future from her.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2008