Braxton Hicks Contractions????

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and get really painful Braxton Hicks Contractions. Does anyone else get these too and what do they feel like for you??

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am 36 weeks and get very painful BH. It feels like my stomach is being squeezed and it hurts a lot down really low. I don't really know how else to describe it LOL But I hope I helped some...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I got them a few weeks before labor, but mine were in my lower back. They feel like mild contractions. Contractions are a bit stronger though, of course I found that out when I was in real labor with the "REAL strong contractions" . Good luck!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I always thought I had some BAD braxton hicks, but the more I read, I am discovering that I have prodromal labor. Basically it is a LOT like normal labor. It just doesn't progress you much at all. For me it started out weak and they got longer and more painful the closer I got to my due date. I could actually time them. They got close enough that I should have gone to the hospital (and did with an earlier pregnancy). Anyway, they end up almost disappearing in the early morning hours.

I mention that, just because it might not be braxton hicks. It could be prodromal labor. Are they somewhat regular?

The one nice thing about hard braxton hicks or prodromal labor is that it gets you used to the real thing. :D With my fourth I wasn't even sure I was REALLY in labor - after 3 or 4 weeks of the prodromal stuff. When I finally went in to check it out, I was at 9 cm. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I got them from 22 weeks up until 37 wks when I delivered.. to me they felt like everything was getting really tight..sometimes I had pain with them.. I would lay on my left side and drink alot of water and they would ease off
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011