My son wont sleep!!!!!!!

First off HELP!!!!!! Okay my son is 7 months old and he doesn't sleep. I get him up int he morning at 7 and he only gets two naps a day no longer than an hour each. I try to get himt o go to bed by at least 7 at night and he wont. He might fall asleep but he's up again at 10 and won't go back to bed till late in the morning. I've tried everything. No naps at all one nap. Naps less than hour. getting him up earlier in the morning. So far nothing has worked. So anyone have an idea on what i can do. He's been doing this for over two months now and i really want some sleep.

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you guys have a bedtime routine? Do you let him get up when he wakes up in the middle of the night? Sorry, I'll know how to answer more when I get some more info from you :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yeah we have a bedtime routine he has a bath then a story then about an hour of cuddle time then in bed he goes. I don't pick him up when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Cause i've learned when i do he never goes back to sleep.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Have you tried putting him to sleep a little later than 7? Does he have a nightlight in his room? Do you sleep in the same room? He may just want comfort. You said it's been going on for 2 months and it's not getting any better? Do you let him cry it out? I know some mommies don't like to do that.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I've tired putting him to bed later in the night and that hasn't worked. He does have a night light. He has his own room. I let him cry for awhile but after so long i go in and check on him if he stops when i go in there i've learned he just wants some attention but if he's still crying i either pick him up or i sit in his room by his crib so he can see me.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ok. It sounds like you are on the right track. I wouldn't pick him up. I would be consistent. I would tell him goodnight and rub his head or pat his back and not say anything else to him, until he falls asleep. The first few nights will probably take FOREVER but he will wear himself out. When that gets better then I'd lay him down and tell him goodnight and move to the chair. Then eventually out of the room. If he waked up in the middle of the night, I'd do the same routine over again.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2008