How can I get my husband to understand my fybromyalgia?

He makes rude comments about medications, and acts as if I am just acting to sensitive, I have never tried to play prissy girl, I grew up tough, It really hurts! Help.

coffeejessie2

Asked by coffeejessie2 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• Tell him he needs to be a little more sensitive to your diagnosed medical condition and that he's hurting your feelings.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 5:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'd tell him to do some research or get a medical degree!
    http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/default.htm
    http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/whatisfibromyalgia/a/understandfibro.htm
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just because you cannot see it, does not mean you don't have it. It is a very real medical condition with no cure-yet. It attacks the nerve endings in your entire body. Along with Fibromyalgia comes alot of other illnesses also, like, insomnia, fatigue, depression, wanting to cry- for no apparent reason. I have had Fibromyalgia since 1978. A doctor from England diagnosed me long before American doctors even knew much about it. Tell your husband you are not doing this for attention, or because you are lazy, but it is a real medical condition. Even to wear clothes hurts. I hope you have a good doctor that has you on a good regimen of medicines. It takes more than one or two. I'm sorry you have it and I'm sorry your husband is being a jerk. But I know the pain you are in. I don't know you but God does. I'll keep you in my prayers. I am in the fourth stage and I have a great husband who understands this and he takes care of me.
    jtfromGeorgia01

Answer by jtfromGeorgia01 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Punch him in a different part of is body everyother day, so he will understand chronic pain. What a butthead.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Has he gone to the Dr with you to discuss your treatments and medications? That might help.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Next time he says anything, stop everything and tell him how it hurts and how you know he's being subversive and to knock it the fuck off.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 4:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011