Where to live??

of all the places to live, which place was your favorite?
anyone ever live in Los Angeles by chance?
I'm starting to look for places to live and work, thanks!
oh, why do you like it? Pros and Cons?
(don't know what category, thanks)

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've only ever live in maine so unless your interested in coming up here I dont have any advice for ya! By the sounsd of it though you dont want to be anywhere near the middle of nowhere so my suggestion is to stay clear away from thsi state then hahahahaha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol oh no i love rural areas! i say LA because that's where all the JOBS are, so i will likely have to move there :(
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What about Boston or Conn? You could work in the city yet live out of it & have a bit of space?

What job are you looking for?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• LA area has many great options, and if you are looking to purchase a home, could be an excellent deal with the newly crashed home prices and low interest rates. But, rents have continues to creep up, so not such a good deal for renters. It has reached the point where you are now, sometimes, spending more money on rent than you would to own. Smae holds true for major areas of San Francisco and Orange County. The job market still sucks out in CA, as well.
    Areas around DC are pretty great (Virginia) on the employment and family aspect.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• oh great to know! i would LOVE a house wow that'd be amazing..
    i'm looking to do SOCIAL WORK. still finishing my bachelor's in Psych, and am applying for my Master's by November,
    but haven't decided what TYPE of social work yet. I've narrowed it down to troubled kids or teens
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have lived in Illinois, Indiana and now Florida. I love Florida!! We are on the Gulf Coast and jobs ad housing are pretty good. From what I know of CA it is VERY expensive to live there. What kind of work are you looking for? Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Lizzy, I am in that field out here in CA . . . .please feel free to backchannel me if have any questions. Out here, master's level, you are looking at MFT, LCSW, or the new license LPCC. (That is just now starting up). There are a ton of excellent schools for MA level education that will meet the requirements of these licenses . . . the only problem, usually, is the internship, which is done for free, many times. Boo :(
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I like small towns. I have lived both in small towns and larger cities.Small towns seem to welcome you -give you that "you belong here " feeling. Every body knows your name- if you need something- someone is always there to help. A great place to raise children. But big cities have their values also. Easier to find a job, NOBODY knows your name or business, it's harder to trust somebody. For my vote- it would be a small town and commute to work. I've been to California- not LA but to Travers Air Force base. There are alot of options in a big place like that but I never had that "homey" feel. In my OPINION- the east coast is great. Especailly the south. No offense to the north or any other part of this great land. You just can't beat southern hospitality. Savannah is a wonderful spot.Atlanta is easy to find a job but you may want to live in the 'burbs and commute to work. But I've always heard- home is where the heart is.
    jtfromGeorgia01

Answer by jtfromGeorgia01 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have only lived in Texas. Of all of the places I have lived in Texas, Fort Worth is my favorite. You can find rural areas pretty close to the city. You do have to deal with the heat here, and that's a deal-breaker for many. But, it's a great city, and I love it!
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• always wanted to visit texas! i do love the heat actually
    I was going to do LCSW, but LPCC is an option!
    so im looking for BEACH and RURAL right outside the city..suburbs i guess you'd call it
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011