Would you marry someone even though everyone in that person's family doesn't wishes you well

Is it possible to be with someone and live a wonderful, happy life eventhough that person's family doesn't want anything to do with you and in a way you blame your mate for it all? What do you think ladies is this possible, could you all still be happy?

marchelle26

Asked by marchelle26 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• yes.. people do it all the time.. u know the dreaded MOTHING IN LAW lol.. its not about that person if your husband loves you and you love ur husband who cares

Anonymous

• What matters is whether you are happy or not. Not everyone else.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It depends. Family plays a big part in most people's lives, and it would make me wonder why they are all against you in the first place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you start out blaming your mate for your in-law problems, where does it go from there?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Im sure I probably would.
    AnasMom09

Answer by AnasMom09 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would be exceptionally hesitant. These people will be a part of your life forever. A spouse is a package deal and the thought of decades of dealing with people who don't like me would cause me a lot of anxiety. I would need to get to the heart of why they didn't like me - especially if all the information they had about me was either from our interactions or what the future spouse was telling them. Most of the time, if the family has a bad opinion, it's because they have been told things that aren't favorable. I wouldn't be able to marry a person who painted me in such a bad light.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• NO!! There is NO WAY there could be a happy relationship for anybody. The in laws on both sides would cause problems ans would always blame the other side for any problems or unhappiness. Been there, used to have that. My mother in law was from hell- always jumping in with her opinions and eventually fixed up MY husband (her son ) with his new wife. Yes, she helped enable him to cheat on me. If there are problems in the family- you've always heard " I'm not marrying your family- I'm marrying you"- well that is simply NOT true.The first thing you need to do is get to the bottom of WHY the families are not happy with you or with him- before there is a wedding. If it can't be resolved- DON'T DO IT!!. Save yourself from a life filled with grief.
    jtfromGeorgia01

Answer by jtfromGeorgia01 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• So, how would that even happen? WHy would the family not like you? And what part in that does your fiance have? DId he tell them something about you? And do we need to know this to understand why they don't like you ? Where is the rest of this story?
    I don't think I could marry someone unless his whole family liked me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well my family sucks ass to begin with. I'm 36, just got married and I think they are jealous.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Probably not. My family disliked my ex (for legitimate reasons) and it made it very hard for years.

Answer by missanc at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011