If there was a meet up of the CM R&B and RD sections...

I'm curious, what do you think would happen if the "regulars" in this section could get together in person? Money was no object and plane tickets, hotel, childcare,etc. for all of us would be paid in full by some rich investor or something. What would happen? Would we split into two "camps" with pitchforks and torches at the ready? Would we split into groups according to belief (or lack thereof)? Or would everyone get along fabulously? Or maybe a mix of getting along and arguing would be more realistic? Would we even talk about religion, or would we just hang out drinking our favorite adult beverages and drooling over pictures of Johnny Depp (or Larry as the case would be for some people)? What if Johnny attended the meet up? What would happen then?

So, what do you think? We're playing "let's pretend" now, so we don't need to get into the whole "but that's not possible" or "that would never happen so why discuss it" kind of thing.

anime_mom619

Asked by anime_mom619 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that it would appear that they got along fabulously, or at least were pleasantly tolerant, but you'll hear rumors of whispers from the bathroom, etc. Aside form that itll be like any other reunion where cliques form. You'll have the people with the obnoxiously loud laughter from one area, the wallflowers in another, the snobs looking down their noses at the going ons in another. But we all smile and pretend to have a good time when the camera coms our wy. some of us will be having a good time, some will merly watch the clock til it's time to graciously cut out early without causing a scene or causin rumors to fly.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• kristi, we'd know you even without the self-identified avatar..you'd be hoarding all the bacon.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'd suggest the rule of leaving religion at the door!

I think we'd all get along if people bring cupcakes and bacon.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What if Johnny attended the meet up?

MK would throw her drink at him, Larry would get caught with the oversplash, and all hell would break loose.

There are some people here I already talk to "beyond" CM. There's no dividing line based on religion, but that's not the real thing behind the friction here. There's just as many people of the same religion who can't stand each other as there are those who are different faiths but get along very well. I think it would be like most other online meet ups - cliques would separate out, drinks would flow, eventually someone would get drunk enough to say the wrong thing to the wrong person, and 15 people would post about it live from the event before the fight was done.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think you'd see a lot of cliques form.

Some based on religious similarity and others formed based on personalities clicking together.

Id also bet there would be a few who would wander from group to group chit-chatting trying to merge them all and probably a few who get along with most everyone despite any differences seen.

Kind of like what happens in high school and again in reality when you put a bunch of people together.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if johnny showed up, all bets would be off..and a few items of clothing (from what i gather in past-posts). i think 'the regulars' (i include myself in that, even if i'm not as active as others) would get along just fine. i don't think we'd rehash the nastier parts of R&B/RD, although a few items may be up for discussion.
    i also think a handful would drink a toast or three to those no longer with us. (not the dearly departed, but the finally-got-out-of-Dodgers..BB/niece, M2k-something or other, anyone?)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would say we should meet up anonymously at first and let people break into groups naturally, and then have an unveiling
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yep- I would be able to sniff out Kristis bacony goodness from 20 paces :0

Don't hang your head- be proud-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• A lot of drinking games?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have no response to that, except to hang my head in shame at the truthfullness of it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011