Do you ever wonder what it would be like if...

We didn't have cell phones or even the latest technology like i-Pods or i-Pads or flatscreen tvs. What if we just lived a simple life without all that stuff....

I feel like it would be easier. What do you think?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If we never knew about these things then we would be fine but just taking them away I think everyone (including me) would die! LOL
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, I'm old enough to remember when we didn't have all this stuff...and yes, it was a bit simpler....how old are you? lol
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm 22. So I sorta remember not having to deal with things. I mean I didn't get a cell phone until I was a freshman in high school and even then we didn't text like we do now.
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• and suddenly I feel OLD... thanks.. lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I clearly remember having none of this stuff. Getting rid of it only makes life easier if the electronics are controlling you. You can turn all of these things off, you know.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would have $140 dollars more in my savings account every month. Technology is expensive.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Cafemomoftwo217....yeah I was thinking the same. We would have so much money! lol And I wouldn't know everything about everyone's lives (FB). I get that it's all entertainment. But what did people do without all this stuff?! Especially cell phones?
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think I'd be outside a whole lot more!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We always carried a dime in case we needed to use a pay phone! lol
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This is my theory. Without all this stuff, we would be happier due to more sleep/rest. When the tv was first invented, someone (I don't remember who) made a comment that it wouldn't be a lasting invention because it would require people to sit and focus on it, which they simply didn't have the time for. So people made time for it, after doing all their other daily activities. Add in all the other electronics, little by little, and you've got a recipe for lack of sleep. Back in the days before electric lights even, people went to bed when the sun went down, giving them at least 8-9 hours of sleep. Today, the average is 6-8 or less. I say to myself all the time that I wish we could go back to simple times!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011