Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Anyone help?

I think my sisters part of a sect. The sect's made her go crazy, She lives only for her boyfriend and has dumped her kids for him and his Sect. I wanna know is there anyway I can try to take her out of it before she does something very bad that can risk her or her kids life.

Answer Question

Asked by marinebrats at 6:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 12 (762 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Have a family meeting and get a consensus. If you feel it really is a harmful sect, do an intervention. There are some people who specialize in cult victims . . . it would be good to consult with them.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • You could try and intervention with the whole family(or as many as you can get there) but it may not work.
    You might have to just be there to help support and love her children and wait for the inevitable and then be there for her when she realizes she was wrong and tries to leave.

    Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

  • I would get together with as many family members & friends as I could gather together & have a big discussion. Group brainstorming can help you come up with the best way to approach your sister. When you do approach her, one thing to keep in mind is that an accusatory tone can put her on the defensive.

    Answer by sarenaerin at 11:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.