I need a project!

I feel like all I do all day long, is sit around waiting to go into labor. I am 37. 3 weeks along... and really have nothing to do!!! Any ideas for a project that will take me plenty of timeeee to finish? Or ideas to keep me busy? I dont have friends that are available during the day, so I just hang out by myself at home. So BORING!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 6:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Knitting is a great suggestion and so easy to make a basic raw blanket. But I got myself off to weekly bumps and babies chat group, antenatal swimming and decorated my DS1's bedroom, along with just getting out to the library and shopping etc. But I tried not to mind my time alone and fidgetty, knowing I'm crave it back eventually. All the best with you birth, btw. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 2:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• start a baby blanket, sew baby clothes, scrapbook, crossstitch the edges of a baby picture and then after you have the baby can add the name and date of birth, read on books and mags, crosswords, jigsaw puzzles, catch up on letter writing,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sewing definitely, but what about preparing a scrapbook for your baby's first year....although, I'd start with baby showers and ultra-sounds etc.,
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• A baby quilt
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Do you know if you're having a girl or boy? Start scrab book pages so they are ready for the pictures. Once the baby comes, you won't have much time or energy to try and design/arrange the pages. All the ladies above had great ideas.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Crochet or knit a hat for your newborn. Have you ever seen pictures where about the only thing the baby is wearing is the hat? So cute.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well when I was pregnant with my first I remodeled my kitchen and when I was pregnant with my second I remodeled my bathroom. The third I did a lot of beading, sewing, and embroidery. I tried to do projects that were for me since once the baby comes it's all about them for like 2 years.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011