Any sahms whose husband cheated, did you leave him? If so, while you were unemployed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I dang sure did! Unemployed or not I found a way to make it and have been doing great for the last 10 months!
    Anonymous

• My husband had a one night stand 17 years ago (we have been married 26 years now)., I was still gainfully employed (with the higher income of the 2) at the time.

Each person must make the choice to stay or leave for their own reasons. Employment or lack therefore really should not be enough of a factor for someone to stay in a situation that they do not want to stay in and will not be happy staying in. There are many ways around that single issue: find a job, seek temporary spousal support in the divorce based on the fact that you are unemployed, sign up for job assistance programs either immediately after leaving or before, if all else fails there are programs out there that do help unemployed women get on their feet after a divorce (be forewarned though that women who are leaving abuse situations do usually have priority placement), there is also help of family and friends.. These are just a few options that could help.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My husband didn't cheat but I had been a SAHM for 8 years when I left my ex. I waited until we got our tax refund for that year, made him take me to the bank and split it with me - then I went out and got a job, rented a townhouse, took the kids and left. I ended up going back to school. Yes, it was hard but I now know that I can do anything!

Answer by missanc at 7:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011