If someone's rude to you, do you just hang up the phone?

or tell them they are being rude?
OR do you say i'm getting off the phone now and THEN hang up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think I've had that happen since high school. I suppose I'd tell them they're being rude, and end the conversation immediately.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I just hang up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My husband has this problem with his cocky brother. He tells him to call him back when he can talk to him like a human and then he says bye and hangs up. He always calls him out on the behavior in some way or another before he hangs up
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 6:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It really depends n who it is and why I am upset. Generally I will tell them what an ass they are being before hanging up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I never hang up on them. Why lower myself to their standards? If it is my daughter, I tell her she is rude. If its my husband I say something like "I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I will let you go so you can get back to work." If it's my parents I say "what in the hell is your problem?" Because they are NOT human.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I just hang up. then unhook the phone
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• All of the above haha...just depends on how rude they were or pissed I was.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I tell them they are being rude and then hang up if they keep it up
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Who am I talking to? Am I pregnant? Am I having a bad day? Do I hate these people/ company enough to yell and hang up? Just depends on my day and mood, and who is calling. I never hang up on friends and family, but companies I sure do. Im pretty sure I was red flagged by the government once for something I screamed and hung up. NO I dont have anger issues, it was Tricare- Military insurance, jsut after I had my son. y life was in hell and well they were on my "to do list" for the day lol.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I hang up. My DH's grandmother called me on Christmas Day to insult me and yell. I hung up on her, and hung up each consecutive time she called. If I'm face-to-face with this person, I will call them rude. If I'm on the phone, I just hang up because I don't need to listen to someone insult me or my family.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011