Do you think that men cheats because of his wife's look?

Me and couple of my sisters were talking about relationships and cheating. One sister decided to tell my other sister that if she had of took care of her self than her husband would not have cheated. After having a couple of kids my sister put on some weight(she still looks good and carry her self well) my other sister is now saying her weight is the reason her husband cheated. What do you guys think? Every guy that I know cheated (including BIL) always go from sugar to shit. Do you think a woman's appearance is the reason why the stray or is it their own insecurities?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• My personal thoughts based on personal experiences.

No.. People cheat in most cases due to being unhappy, unsatisfied and unfulfilled with themselves &/or their relationship. Cheating very rarely happens in a bubble there are usually issues/problems going on with the person (or their relationship) before the choice to cheat takes place. Cheating also rarely is solely due to looks or sex, the issues are usually in most case much deeper than that.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hell no. I'm fat and my husband hasn't cheated. Cheating is not about looks or sex, contrary to popular belief.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wow. Your sister sounds like a bitch. Most of the time it seems the women the men cheat with are uglier than the wives - would explain why a woman would lower herself to the point of sleeping with a married man in the first place. Cheating isn't always about looks. And your sister sounds shallow herself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• THEIR OWN INSECURITIES!!!!!! But some men are just DOGS and think it is ok to have multiple woman....like they deserve to. That guy needs to be kicked to the curb.
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think so.......men are very curious people. They don't cheat because of how their woman looks, they cheat because they can. That's really the only way to put it. They do it because they can.
    pregers2011

Answer by pregers2011 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• it depends .. some men are assholes and also shallow ..
    bellax3

Answer by bellax3 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think so...sometimes I guess it could be if the woman just really let herself go, but for the most part...I think it's just the man.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think that very few men will cheat if the sole reason is because he thinks his wife is no longer attractive. I would say the most common reason is a lack of emotional intimacy or friendship in their marriage.

This is just information I gather from reading material on relationships.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 6:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think there is any excuse for cheating. It's wrong. If you're not attracted to your partner anymore, you can do something about it together. It doesn't allow you to say oh well she let herself go, its ok for me to go out and get some. i think men cheat because some of them are just good for nothing insensitive assholes. Thats the only reason for cheating. It has nothing to do with the wife.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you are not happy in the relationship or have communication issues then you can at least talk about it before you go screw something.

In many (if not most) cases if a relationship is to the point that one is considering cheating or is cheating. It's pretty much a safe bet that there is no honest, open, safe , effective communication going on. Communication has usually completely broken down by that point or good communication may have never existed in the relationship to begin with.

If the issues stem from within the person themselves. Then those issues aren't issues that are openly and honestly communicated about usually anyway. The majority of people really do not own up to their own issues that have or do cause problems for themselves &/or cause problems in their relationships.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011