Can you take a pregnancy test a week before your missed

period and will it be right? and which brands or tests work the best for testing early?

jocelynsue123

Asked by jocelynsue123 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• A lot of women on this website have NO. FREAKING. LIFE. What are your children doing while you are sitting here bashing on another mom? Go play with them, they want your attention a lot more than we want your idiotic opinions...
    Anyway, to the poster, a fertilized egg will implant in the uterine wall 7-10 days past ovulation. If you know what day you ovulated, count ten days past that and that is the EARLIEST you can test. The tests that say "You can test 5 days before you miss your period" say that because they assume everyone has the textbook '28-day-ovulate-on-day-14' cycle. If you have that perfect cycle, then 5 days before your period is actually 10 days past ovulation. If you don't know your ovulation day, you can test 5 days before your period if you want but it may be too early even if you are pregnant... so it would be smarter to wait until you miss. (I know, that's flippin hard to wait! lol)
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 11:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yes. You have to check the test though. Some can be taken before your missed period. Read the boxes.
    CassandraLeeMN

Answer by CassandraLeeMN at 2:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, that is too early. EPT says it's ok 5 days before your missed period...but it's always better to wait until you are late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Again, why are you trying to get pregnant at 17? What's the rush? I hope not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am not TRYING, I was thinking about trying for a while and was off birth control for a while and often miss days and i think/ know I am pregnant now.
    jocelynsue123

Answer by jocelynsue123 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• BS...I saw your other post that said you went off your bc and have sex every day, sometimes more than once a day trying to get pregannt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• WHAT DOES IT MATTER!!!! She didnt ask your opinion on that. She asked if she could take a pregnancy test early. I know this might be a little immature or whatever but I dont care. Everyone has a little immaturity in them. In the bible it says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged in the end. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. " And that bible verse is Matthew 7:1-2 Read it live by it!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• This is a tough one because I took a pregnancy test before I was late and it came up postitive. But I guess the best answer is wait til you are late or if you're still unsure the just see a doctor at planned parenthood. At best if you are pregnant, open up and have a discussion with your mom. They are more understanding. And I agree with that Bible verse above me.
    Erika555

Answer by Erika555 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008