Negative urine and blood test?

My last period was April 18th, 2011, it only lasted 2 or 3 days which is not normal for me. I've taken more then a dozen urine tests, and had one blood test done a week or two ago. Everything has come up negative. I'm having SO many pregnancy symptoms, ones I had before when I was pregnant. I know I'm under A LOT of stress, but I live a stressful life, always have. But I've never missed my period. I'm really concerned that something is wrong, But my gynecologist will NOT see me, she does not have an opening for months.

Does anyone have any insight? I'm really stuck in a rut right now..

twistedexcuse

Asked by twistedexcuse at 6:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes Mother Nature throws us a curve ball with our periods. And a lot of symptoms of pregnancy are the same as our periods, especially when we are TTC. Keep trying, it'll happen. If you go too long without being able to get pregnant I'd ask for a progesterone level to be tested.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• When I went and got my blood drawn, she said she'd call me and tell me if I was pregnant or not, then handed me two packs of birth control, then sent me on my way. I have not gotten a call saying "you are indeed pregnant" So I'm taking that as a no. I don't want to take the birth control in case I happen to be pregnant.
    twistedexcuse

Comment by twistedexcuse (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• since the test was so long ago maybe request another test?
    momof5kiki

Answer by momof5kiki at 6:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• call them and make sure. sometimes they get busy and forget.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would call and get those results. If they are negative, you can always go to your primary. It could be hormonal (thyroid, adrenal) . . . there are labs they can order from your primary office.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would definatly try to get the result of the blood test... but otherwise your period could have been short because of stress... yes you have a stressful life and may have for a while but your body changes randomly (I.E. thing you may never have been allergic to you are now) I understand were not talking allergie but its an example. And as far as all your pregnancy symptoms, you could be thinking about it so much that you may be willing yourself to feel it. Women who whole heartedly believe there pregnant can believe so much that they get nausea and stomach cramps and all of the above. I would take a step back, relax for a min, and find out the result of your blood test. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Take another test.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 7:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• call to get the results. when i went to get my results to see if my numbers went up, i had to to call them numerous of times. i was pregnant!
    Anonymous