What is with

What's with all these 16 and 17 year olds on this site that WANT TO GET PREGNANT? I'm in shock that there are so many. It is so sad for these poor babies. I agree in supporting those young moms who get pregnant on accident in their teens. I had my first son when I was 19 and it was not an easy road. I read tonight someone who is 17 and wants to have a baby..."some schools have daycares for babies." Are you kidding me? That makes it ok to want to have a baby? Do they not think how am I going to carry medical insurance for this baby? How am I going to pay for daycare for this baby? How am I going to finish school and go to college? I am not saying that it is not possible....but at 17 you cannot possibly carry health insurance for this child, you cannot legally have your own place. I just don't understand what the HUGE RUSH is...maybe I'm missing something someone can fill me in on. It makes me so angry

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 3:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I agree. My high school had a daycare, which is both sad and wonderful. It gave those girls a chance to finish high school, but to think about all those girls who already had kids (there were at least 20 kids in that daycare). There are a lot of girls who don't truly realize how hard parenthood is and can be, and how hard it is to give up so much that you want for yourself for the sake of a baby. I am going to school part time, and it's hard enough doing that, and I am almost 29! I totally support the girls who do get pregnant and are responsible about raising their babies, but I am horrified to hear about girls so young TRYING to conceive! There is a romanticized idea in their heads about what it's like to have a baby, and when they can't calm a screaming baby at 3AM when they have a day of finals ahead of them, they may be rethinking this!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Because they REALLY DON'T know what they are in for..Sad and naive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• To each their own.... sure they are too young but whats it up to us to criticize what they want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I"m not criticizing, I'm asking a question. It shouldn't just be about what THEY want, it should be about what is best for the baby.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• but they want to mess up their lives and put the babys needs who knows where but really whats us saying dont do it going to do when they make their own minds up
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have a daughter..and yes I wanted her...unlike the girls i think you are referring to I am married and I just turned 19....i take care of my daughter just fine...it is possible for young girls to raise babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Hey anonymous that's great i believe young girls can. their will to have one truly really is whats in their hearts and you took the initiative gl and add me to your friends
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No one is saying that young girls CAN'T...if you read above, I said I was 19. What's "their will to have one truly really is whats in their hearts" mean? What's that have to do with anything about HOW they are raising these babies without the state's help? Anonymous is married...obviously she has a little bit easier time than some of these girls. Not saying this will happen to you anon but a lot of these young teens who have babies with these men will not get married or will end up divorced...statistics show
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• but u dont know these girls personally nor do u know the guys personally to know if thats the case.

secondly to know whats in their heart is something only they know and maybe they do have their lifes together enough to NOT GET STATES HELP theres ppl over 21 getting states help raising their kids so whats the difference between someone over 20 getting state help and someone UNDER getting no help from the state? really its sad how ppl assume ppl under 20 will automatically get states help because their age but its ok for ppl over 20 who should BE WORKING to get it?
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No one is saying that. As I have said for the 5th time...I WAS 19!!!! How can a 17 year old not need help? If they graduated early and can carry a full-time job with medical benefits..then GREAT. I think that all ages come across hard times. I think those who do should get help. I am saying that these girls shouldn't get pregnant b/c THEY CAN get assistance. No one is saying that bc they are 20 they are getting state help...if they are 17, there's a 95% chance they are getting state help with at least insurance.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2008