Why is PBS the only "network" that reports soldiers that were killed every single night?

Don't you think MSM could afford the airtime it would take to show the names a pictures of every soldier who dies?

Maybe they do and i just miss it all the time?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 6:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• they stopped airing it because of how depressing it was. I think their deaths are worth a little depression.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Because the left wing media hopes people will forget we are at war. It makes the left base happy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i'm glad someone does. more networks should be doing it, but i suppose one is better than none. in my state (washington), whenever a soldier from here is killed, our flags are lowered to half staff. it makes me cry every time i see it, but makes me proud and grateful to be an american.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I actually read a college study that showed the number of news media who reported fatalities in the Iraq/Afghanistan dropped dramatically since 2009.... It wasn't online, it was in a poli sci mag. I read.... Wonder if I can find that online.... It does make you wonder why the need to limit reports after 2008.... hrmmmmmm....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Because it reflects on the president, grly. But I know YOU knew that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They stopped doing the nightly count? Obama can't remember that the Medal of Honor he just bestowed was posthumous and congratulated the man as a living, breathing soldier. Besides, PBS only attracts the liberal mob and their man is in power.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They stopped doing the nightly count? Obama can't remember that the Medal of Honor he just bestowed was posthumous and congratulated the man as a living, breathing soldier. 

Nor can he pronounce Corpsman... Nor will he stand up for them when military pay is on the line... Hrmmmm, do we have a pattern here?  Isn't the saying, it takes 3 to make a trend?....  He is a spineless inept puppet.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Simply because it is too controversial. Might hurt Obama
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I wish every network did the same, sadly the majority of the nation is much too preocupied to care....

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Do soldiers die every day in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya? I'm not trying to be smart or sarcastic. I hear when there is an attack, an RPG, or and IED, but do soldiers die daily? I remember watching the news in the 60's and the war reports with number of KIA, MIA, wounded, and enemy KIA or taken prisoner. That was daily as far as I can remember.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011