I am an unfit mother because my kid has 2 cavities.......

My DD is 4 1/2, we went to the dentist and found out she has one cavity and then a VERY small one that they might not even need to fill. Both are in spots that the dentist said even she couldn't have prevented, the angle on them and the position on the tooth makes it just about impossible to brush that area and since they are so far back and her mouth is so small it is impossible to floss. So I called my ex to let him know, he said I am unfit because of this? Really? This is a man who has never even been with her more then 6 hours at a time nor taken her to a doctor or dentist's appt. I just couldn't believe he said that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• You are not an unfit mother.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wow, he would have loved me. DD had bottle rot at 3 and had to have 4 teeth removed and 4 teeth capped. I think he was just trying to get under your skin, dont worry.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What an ass!!!!!!!! probable meant to get you angry!!!!!!! and it worked!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thus is no way shape or form make unfit ok!

Answer by older at 7:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• *this*

• Your not an unfit mother!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• you took the words right outta my mouth, older. what an ass!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• older, no, just kinda laughing about it. I know I am a GREAT MOM! And TBH the dentist said it also has a lot to do with genetics, I had my first cavity at 22, he always had them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That's terrible. Kid's teeth have such thin enamel . . . pair that with some deep grooves, and it can be unpreventable. What a mean thing for him to say!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Kids get cavities...It drives me nuts every time we go....Getting better now that my youngest son has gotten older, but he has been the worst out of 4 so far, but the dentist says it is because his teeth are so close together that he HAS to floss EVERYDAY!!! You took your daughter to the dentist and you're getting the cavities taken care of, that is being a good parent :) He just wants to make you feel bad, but don't let him.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011