Any one have great contacts for groups looking for fundraising ideas?

Okay - I am new to the blogging world. But hoping to reach out to other savvy moms like me. I started working for a super company called Plum District as a Community Relations Consultant. I am looking for non-profits, schools, sports organizations or other groups that would be interested in a no-cost, no-purchase ridiculously easy fundraiser for their groups in Northern California Bay Area. I sit on two PTA boards, so I know how hard it is to fundraise. I would not be doing this if it were a scam - we are honestly just looking to unite communities and local businesses. I hope this is the right place to reach out to other moms like me :)

lbarnes5

Asked by lbarnes5 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• I took a look at Plum District because I had no idea what it was. It reminds me a lot of Mamapedia. Not sure how Plum District does their fundraising but with Mamapedia, 5% of every purchase does to a school or organization of their purchasers choice. With not knowing how y'all do fundraising, my only advice is to send letters, announcements, e-mails, etc to all the schools and organizations in your area, announcing your fundraising service. Once you send them out, a few weeks later, you can give them a follow up call. Also, if your business allows, I would attend as many networking events in your area as possible.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks JeremysMom! The cool thing about Plum District is that we are able to customize fundraising for groups. For example we offer a campaign that fundraising groups can earn money for subscribers (no purchase required!!). We have been working with local restaurants to do "dine and donate" type deals. I can be creative and always welcome new ideas! It is a lot of fun and exciting new way to fundraise (I hate magazines and chocolate :) The hardest part is just finding the "go to" people.
    lbarnes5

Comment by lbarnes5 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• "The hardest part is just finding the "go to" people."

I would look for networking groups in your area, join Linkedin, and call around to the organizations and ask them who to specifically address fundraising info to. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• what about churches,shelters,home away from homes(like the Ronald McDonald house),places that offer summer camps,good luck and have fun
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011