does anyone know how to get red marker out of wood floor

babygirl821

Asked by babygirl821 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Try a product called "Oops" you can find it in Walmart in the paint section. I'm not sure about Marker, but it's gotten out anything I've ever tried to remove. You'll have to do it when you can have lots of ventilation or won't be in the house with the kids because it smells really strong and can actually get you high (learned that by accident when I forgot to open the window).
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Magic Erasers by Mr. Clean? Luckily haven't had this problem although w/my youngest one never knows!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had marker on a wooden chair in my kitchen - I used a Magic Eraser (after testing it in an inconspicuous spot) - and it came out - Nothing else I tried worked. It was finished wood.

I did have marker on a cabinet that was not yet finished and it just sucked into the wood and I can't get it out.

You should definitely test any product in an out-of-the-way spot before you end up w/ a bigger disaster on your hands!!

I hope you find something!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008