Get rid of my Baby Fat!

Ok, I just gave birth to my first son on Dec. 5th - hooray! Anyways, I gained about 20 lbs of pure fat, not to mention the water weight. I am breastfeeding, is there any exercises I can start to do now? The holiday food temptations don't help :(

itsaboy1208

Asked by itsaboy1208 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't think you can workout just yet. If it's not cold where you are, I'd start taking the baby on walks :)

GL-I've been working out at the gym and still trying to get mine off lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't start anything intense right now. Watch what you eat. I always say lots of fruits and veggies!! You could do things like taking a walk or putting the baby in a sling while you work around the house (the extra weight may help burn some fat off!)

If you had a vaginal birth, I would say at 6 weeks is when you can start doing more intense things like cardio, weight training, or ab exercises. If you had a C section - I would wait 8 weeks just to be safe.

Congrats on the baby BTW!!
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 4:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008