Need help making baked potatoes!! they are in oven now!! help!

tried making them like outback steakhouses potatoes.. i got larg ones.. like 6 inches long and pretty thick. I put them in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 -- but they still seem raw in the very middle so i put them in for another 35.. they are still in there and still alittle hard.. how do you normally make them? are there faster ways?

kp0469

Asked by kp0469 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I bake mine in the oven for 2 hours at 350.

You can make them in the microwave for about 8 mins but they aren't as good.
    Anonymous

• I know this sounds really dumb, but I microwave mine. 2 potatoes for about 10 mins. Oh prick them all over with a fork before you put them in the microwave. It is really good.
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 7:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The larger the potato, the longer the baking time. It seems like the time you baked them should be enough. You could nuke them a few minutes to finish up or split down the middle and finish them that way.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I microwave mine for 4 minutes 1st and then bake them at 375 for about 20 mins.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• let them cook atleast 2 hours @ 400°
    Anonymous

• and another question if i have two smaller sized potatos how long do i put those in the microwave for.. maybe three inches each? just in case my big potatoes dont turn out how id like lol
    kp0469

Comment by kp0469 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I usually make mine with my meatloat at 350 for about one to one and a half hours. Might just be able to remove from the oven and microwave till cooked.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if you didnt pierce the potatoes all over baking time is twice as long.. should stab with a fork all over then bake for a hour at 400.. 350 for smaller ones or in the microwave for 10-20 depending on size- add water to bottom if you put in a bowl or put a bowl with water in with them prevents all the moisture from being sucked out..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Definitely stab with a fork like everyone said. I microwave my potatoes for 5 minutes first and then pop them in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes with the mealoaf :-)
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I usually cook regular size potatoes for an hour fifteen at 350. Since yours are larger I'd leave them in for 1 hour 45 min at 375
    Have you tried doing microwave first then oven to crisp p the skin?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011