Nipple clamp adult content

Okay..so I'm exclusively breastfeeding my one month old and I've got to say...even though I have no intention of stopping...it's getting real old, real fast for one particular reason....he likes to clamp down on my nipple as hard as he can...oh and when he's not doing that he rears back like he going to detatch himself...except he doesnt let go...so he's stretching my nipple out like it's on a mini torture rack....I don't know why he does this or how to make him stop since...ya know..he's only a month old lol...but I've come to dread every feeding so please if you know what I should do or even if you've gone through this....HELP! lol

Please note that I don't want to stop breastfeeding

Thanx mommies!

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like he is having trouble getting latched on well... have you considered seeing a lactation consultant?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My daughter did the pulling on the nipple thing all the time too! It sucked!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't know how to make a baby stop... a lactation consultant might be a good idea for that. If it hurts, which I'm sure it does, I have heard that there are things you can buy to help make you more comfortable. I also heard, I dont know how true it is but... tea bags aparently will help with discomfort of breastfeeding. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This behavior stops the feeding. Unlatch. Let him wait a minute. Then try again. Repeat as needed.

Even a newborn can get cause and effect.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• just keep trying.. it takes time for it to work right and be comfortable.. and I agree seeing a lactation consultant would be a good idea :)
    good luck!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• try a nipple shield it helped me and it will prevent any injuries it was a life saver
    Olivias_mommy11

Answer by Olivias_mommy11 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Fully agree with the above about stopping the feeding. I wouldn't do a nipple shield cuz if it's latching problems, baby won't be getting enough milk. Definitely see a consultant if possible.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have the same problem. I just pry my four month old off my nipple and everything is fine again.
    PrueMom

Answer by PrueMom at 11:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2011