Acting like a butt!

My almost 9 month old daughter is acting like a complete butt today! She is not only permanently attached to my leg, but now she is doing things she knows she is not allowed to do. She is getting into cords and the dog's water dish (trying to spill it), whenever she does these things I just say her name "Sophia AnnMarie" (sometimes I say last name with it, when I am really sick of it) very sternly and she is bawling like she is hurt because she knows she did something wrong and now she wants me to console her! Normally I do when she is upset, but I feel that she is just upsetting herself because she is doing things she KNOWS she gets in trouble for! HELP! How can I get her to stop?!?!?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 7:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The thing is, you can't really get a 9 month old to do anything you want them to. You can't really discipline a 9 month old as far as I understand it. All you can do is stop her every single time she goes for those things you don't want her playing with...it's tiring!! But she doesn't really know why it's wrong or why she shouldn't do it. She's just exploring and learning about her world. Try to stimulate her with other things. Some days we just have to give up doing dishes or cleaning or showering or whatever it is we wanted to accomplish and just spend the day entertaining our little ones :)
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 8:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011