Dinner ideas for the kids?

Because of the schedule my Dh is on I make two dinners every night, one for my daughter and niece and then one for my and my DH. I know it sounds like alot but its just easier that way, but I'm having a hard time coming up with different things to make the girls. They are 17 months and 2 1/2. I am having such a hard time coming up with things that are fairly easy to make them....especially HEALTHY things.

Any ideas on meals I could make them? I usually have some type of main dish, with fruit and veggies. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• tacos or spagetti using ground turkey or chicken instead of hamburger. Nuggets, fish sticks, mashed pt, baked pts, rolls, sloppy joes, meatloaf, my girls love breakfast night, chicken rice casserole, broccoli rice casserole, family fun mag or website has good recipes, parents mag or website has good ideas as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well IMO you may as well save some left overs from yours and DH meal for the kids dinner the next night. That gives them variety while also not getting them to where they only eat 'kid friendly' foods. So if you make grilled chicken breast, roasted potatoes aand steamed broccoli for you and DH make and extra to split between the girls later. They even make 'take and toss' containers with mulitple compartments for easy storage and re-heating. KWIM?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Meatballs (sneak in veggies) & you can make a batch & freeze them then just pull out however many you want for dinner & cook.

Homemade mac & cheese (sneak in veggies), make a batch of roux & freeze it into containers perfect for however many ppl you are feeding. Plop frozen roux into pan & melt down in the meantime boil up pasta then mix.

Tacos which I realize sounds weird but my daughter loves them! Messy but good! Again you can cook up taco meat & freeze it all cooked then just defrost in microwave. I make individual packs of just a couple spoonfuls of meat into one ziploch snack size bag & freeze. Then when my 3 1/2 yo begs for tacos for dinner & its not on the menu I can pull them out defrost in a min & make her a taco!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011