What's wrong with my son??

He 4 months old. He has a fever (100.6). He's a little fussy but nothing out of the ordinary. Should I take him to the E.R? Or should I wait? Any suggestions on whats wrong?

Sammy4411

Asked by Sammy4411 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• fell in his mouth,r the gums swollen?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• no, not swollen
    Sammy4411

Comment by Sammy4411 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Call your ped. Even after hours they should have an answering service. Tell them his symptoms.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• give them some fever reducer.. blah blah they tell u not to give small kids that blah blah. who cares want ur kid to feel better? cut the dose down and give the baby some.. If you think ur going to give the child too much dont do it..
    Anonymous

• Maybe an ear infection. 100.6 isn't too terrible high but you definitely need to watch it. I would call and talk to a nurse just to get their advice. Also, give Ibuprofen (baby motrin) it's been my experience that it works so much better than Acetaminophin (baby Tylenol). Look up online for the correct dosage..at 4 months it goes by weight.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 8:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sounds like the beginning of teething to me. my 3 mo DD just started this a couple of weeks ago now. a low grade fever is normal along with the fussing. look for him to drool a lot too. if you're really concerned call you ped.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Okay, I gave him Tylenol but it doesn't seem to be helping. He also doesn't want to sleep. And for the teething thing- I'm not sure bc my daughter started teething about 2 months ago and he's not acting like she did. She is still miserable, but he isn't acting miserable, so could it be something else or should I try some baby orajel?
    Sammy4411

Comment by Sammy4411 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• In small kids fevers usually tend to come at night. I was told not to get alarmed until the temp gets to at least 101. Sounds like teething. Make sure he is getting enough fluids though so he wont get dehydrated. Good luck.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Baby orajel used to upset my kids more than what they already were. They hated the way it felt on their gums. They would cry and try to spit at the same time to get it out of their mouths. It was too cute. One thing my pediatrician hates is for me to compare my kids to each other and their milestones. For example my daughter lost her first tooth at 4 and my son is 6 and has not lost a tooth yet.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• How is little man today? I hate not having a computer
    Mama_Hart31

Answer by Mama_Hart31 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011