I just started a diet today and I have been eating like a pig...

I had a salad, a nectarine and now an apple. I am just so hungry! I am eating all the fruit in the house!
But I did good with the salad, it had chicken breast, spinach, lettuce, tomato, black olives and Italian dressing.
But I am craving bread and candy.
My doctor asked me to start watching my weight because I put this weight on in such a small amount of time. I am twenty five pounds over weight and in the 100* temp here it is no good. I also went for a walk today.
What can I do to satisfy my cravings? Or plain just stop being so hungry?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• drink tons of water - you can also take green tea pills supplement it curbs hunger. u get it at walmart.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Chew on ice or have a glass of water,that will help.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• at least u r eating healthy. FYI fruits and veggies r considered free foods! U r doing good!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks. I really want to stick with this because my doctor mentioned a bland diet and my glucosamine level was high.

SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I stay full of liquids, water, Iced Tea...this is the part where alot of people give up, Lol.
    Good for you....keep going.!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Drink water when u get that hunger feeling and keep doing it until it is actually time to eat a sensible meal. Oh and do your walking often try not to stop your body...keep that body moving. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am training for a triathlon so I burn about 3000 calories a workout its hard because I am hungry but I eat a lot of green salads and fruit and you can also add some nuts to it as well almonds take the edge off and add some more selection of salad and ways to eat it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• do you have breakfast? drink lots of water, snack inbetween meals. fruit and veggies. multigrain cereals, bread.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• its your metabolism.. if it isnt used to moving like it is then you will get so hungry.. drink tons of water and eat small snacks and you should be fine..just dont eat tons of candy and sugary stuff and try myfitnesspal.com and use it to watch what you eat..i love it! it helps with my diet ..im on Body By Vi
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011