God Hates Us All

Mankind in his insatiable search for divine
Knowledge has discarded all
biblical teachings
Realizing that the strength of religion is the
repression of
knowledge
All structures of religion have collapsed

Life prays for death
in the wake of the horror of these revelations

It was never imagined how graphic the reality that would
be known as
the end
of creation
Would manifest itself
We believe all this
chaos and atrocity can be traced
Back to one single event
We hold
these truths to be painfully self-evident
All men are not created
equal
Only the strong will prosper
Only the strong will conquer
Only in
the darkness of Christ have I realized
God Hates Us All

These are lyrics to a Slayer song. Whether you agree or not, what message do think these lyrics send?

clarity333

Asked by clarity333 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Well, I sure wouldn't encourage my kid to listen to it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well dang it, if their God-hating is just a gimmick, maybe we need to post lyrics from bands that actually believe what they're writing then. ;)

As for these lyrics, I think they are just pointing out their interpretation of reality...and how it is "painful" for some people to consider that life is that way...that we are just here as part of the chaos of the universe and we might not have a "purpose". Many people seem literally afraid of this possibility, but you can't discount a possibility just because you are afraid of it. For many people this outlook is very freeing though. It doesn't have to be taken negatively. I hear Christian Jesus-praising songs and they are depressing to me because they make me feel like I'd be trapped and depressed if I believed that way.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• GOD loves us all!
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Its Slayer- they also have a song called Jihad, they have been accused of being White Supremacists- in the end- I think they are just a band and write what they think will make headlines and sell-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Unless Slayer is anti-god as a cover, I don't think your statement is accurate

A few are reportedly Christian, but I don't know them personally- and yes- what sells, sells-
    Did you know Neil Patrick Harris is gay- he play a straight guy on TV to pay the bills- ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• hmm, are you thinking of Stryper? Unless Slayer is anti-god as a cover, I don't think your statement is accurate. What makes you say this?

Because, as SYS already mentioned, the band members are publicly on record as being Christian. Most of them are now middle-aged parents, too. The Satan thing was a gimmick that sold a lot of albums, and they happily admit it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think who ever wrote the song robbed a few people of their words. Couldn't the song writer be more original?
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I like slayer and after all its just music.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i love slayer..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011