Do you feed your 1 yr old basically anything you eat?...

as long as its not junk food, or seasoned to strongly?? my daughter is starting to get very picky with what blain and plain food ive been feeding her..everyone tells me to feed her things i eat but im paranoid on what to give and not give her. i think im being too "cautious".

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my child was eating everything I was eating by 10 months. Like you said unless it was to spicey or if it were bbq, chili things like that
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I had my son on whole milk by 1 so yeah he was eating pretty much anything as long as I didnt think he would choke on it. Except eggs... doc told me no eggs until he was 15mo. I gave him the gerber graduates meals f we were eating something I didnt think he could handle but nothing puree anymore or cereal.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If only my daughter would eat the foods that I eat! If you can feed your child healthy foods that you enjoy...DO IT! Children in foreign countries start eating spicy foods young....it's just a way of life..it's not abusive or anything. If she likes it....good for you!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, my kids starting eating whatever I ate around 8-9 months with very few exceptions.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my daughter is almost 16 months old and she eats whatever i eat as long as its not spicy hot. except tacos she loves tacos. but u can feed your child anything that u want to feed her dont let anyone tell u what u can and cant give ur child u kno her better than anyone else so u make the decision
    jaidynsmom10

Answer by jaidynsmom10 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yup. Once DD got to where she could eat a variety of foods she ate what we ate for dinner.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2011