My son has had these white patches on his right arm (left if your looking at him) since birth and it hasnt gotten bigger or any where else on body. *PIC*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• from on arrow to the other. its in a long line. from the first arrow to his little hand on top. he was born with it, it didnt get bigger, more or less. stayed the same. Its no where else on his body either. Its just odd.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It could be a birth mark. I have the same on my inner left elbow and that's what mine is.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It looks like he may just not have any pigment there... I have seem it before and I think it's a legite condition, but I don't think it's anything thats going to hurt him. Just run it by the doc next time you see him/her so they are aware.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hmm my birth marks are the same color as my skin ton. this looks like no pigmentation like another poster said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if its been there since birth probly is a birth mark with no pigment.. my sons birthmark is to this day red.. is on the back of his head so you cant really see it anymore cuz he has hair now..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• its just a birthmark
    inlovewtwi

Answer by inlovewtwi at 8:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• thanks for the opinions and advice!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i agree, probably birthmark but it wouldnt hurt to tell the pedi just in case. My ds (3.5yrs) has what is called a "strawberry" birth mark on the back of his head, its a redish color. it hasnt change at all since he was born, it just gets bright red or purple when he gets mad lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if pediatrician doesn't help take him to the genetics clinic...they can run some tests and let you know for sure...hope this helps.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011