Did they discontinue childrens tylenol or something? If so why?

I hate being out of childrens tylenol. I have been out of it for a couple weeks so I went to the store to get childrens tylenol (the chewables) and I couldn't find any. We went to 3 stores and couldn't find any. So I just went with the childrens (chewable) iburophen. Well I am also 34 weeks pregnant I am trying to get everything I need for baby which I am almost done all I need is infant tylenol and onsies. Well I went to get the tylenol the other day and I couldn't find the infant kind either. So I didn't buy any yet. Why is it all off the shelves? Are they going to discontinue it or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• there has been a recall on tylenol for over a yr..you can buy the generics ibuprofen and its pretty much the same..my pedi suggested it after i couldnt find any for my dd
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They had a recall a few months back and pulled all the "tylenol" brand products. I was able to still find generic store brand acetominophen which is the same thing minus the brand name.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Tylenol is acetominophen, not ibuprofen. There was a recall on Tylenol brand acetominophen. Look for generic acetominophen, not ibuprofen. There's plenty in drugstores.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• SWASSON

the reason I bought ibuprofen is because I couldn't find tylenol anywhere and I wanted something because I hate being without incase I need it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/county-major-recall-of-medicine-for-infants-and-children.html

They sell the generic types at stores.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Tylenol was has been recalled for over a year. Then I heard something about the Tylenol company doing something to the Motin company,So, it was temparly recalled, as well.
    The Tyenol company is have issues trying to get supplies back into all stores, at the stores demands.
    I've always used Mortin - Tylenol never worked well for my kids. Motrin, I could time down to 30 minutes, when the next dose was to be given and it wearnig off. (fever would come back up, after the noted hours)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• motrin works a lot better :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011