Are you annoyed by Jehovah's Witnesses ringing your doorbell.

About twice a week when I'm getting ready for work and my daughter ready for school cooking breakfast, I can hear my doorbell and it be the JWs. I'm a baptist and I go to church every Sunday to hear a sermon and read my bible daily and I don't need the JWs taking up my time from what I'm doing. Shouldn't the door knocking be against the law?

Oh yeah, I've been living in my new apartment for 3 weeks now.bad

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i do not participate in soliciting of any kind, especially of one's religion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I wish it were. I wouldn't take it from them though. Is it bad that I sometimes like to mess with their heads a little?
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yeah I find it a little irritating. If they were coming to my door twice a week I'd be furious. If you tell them you don't want them to contacting you, they will usually will stop.
    No it shouldn't be illegal.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nah, it doesn't bug me any more than the Mormon Missionaries. Tell them you are running out the door to school/.work and ask them to come back for coffee or tea at a more convient time. Then, thank them for their interest in your salvation and explain you are a Baptist. Either that or answer the door in the nude. LOL. They won't come back then for sure!!! :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• im usually never home when they come but its annoying when they leave articles about this and that at both my carport and front doors..most of the time the rain either soaks them, the wind blows them all over the yard or animals make a huge mess with them
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I put a not on my door that says"No Religious Soliciting". Only one time have I had someone knock since then, the guy tried to tell me that he wasn't selling anything. I told him I would call the cops and see what they had to say in the matter and he left.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They don't come to our door here for some reason, but they did when I lived in Arizona. I'd always politely tell them that I'm not interested. If they pushed it, I'd let them know that I know all about their religion and completely disagree with it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm pretty sure if you put one of those no soliciting signs outside your home then they leagally are not allowed to knock... but then noone else soliciting will either. which may be a good thing. But I feel your pain, I never had JW's coming around my house and lately there in my neighborhood every other day. I feel like they decided the need to fix my town :-/ I just ask them to leave... once they are told to leave they are not aloud to rebut they must go... at least thats the way it works in my state.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yes, I just don't open the door to them anymore, They just can't take no for an answer,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• post a sign NO Solicitation 

traren

Answer by traren at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011