At what age did you get your DD ears pierced?

I have a DD that will be 12 months soon and my MIL wants to get her ruby studs. I am not sure if she will be old enough or if I should even do it.

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 8:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD was 3mo old. It can be done as young as 6 weeks.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 8:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 3 years
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I just peirced my 6yr old daughters ears,she really wanted them and has done good taking care of them but now its time to take out starter earrings and she says it hurts and wont let me.....I think you should wait til shes old enought to say she wants them.
    fleaandtick

Answer by fleaandtick at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• they will do it when she has her first shots. My oldest was 3 months when she got hers done. My youngest was 4 months and I am 34 weeks pregnant with another girl and she will have hers done about the same age. You have to bring the shot records and I believe the birth certificate with you and also an id for you to show you are mom
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I waited until my dd's asked me to get it done. My twins were 4 1/2 and my younger dd was 3.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• 6mos
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• honestly my husband and i waited til our daughter could talk and tell us she wanted her ears pierced. just because we are parents who gives us the right to put holes in our kids ear cause it looks cute. its painful for a kid for one and they should have a say in it for two
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I personally feel like she will be able to get the backs off of them. She is really good at doing things like that and I don't want to lose something expensive. I got my ears pierced when I was 6 and my in-laws keep asking what I think she would look best in, ruby or diamonds. I don't want them to go buy the earrings and I not get her ears pierced. I don't want to offend them.
    EternalDiesirae

Comment by EternalDiesirae (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My daughter is 4 and she won't be getting them for at least another 6 years. I WILL NOT take her to get them pierced until she is old enough, and responsible enough, to take care of them 100% on her own. I was 12 when I finally got mine pierced.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my daughter was 3 months old. you can get screw back earrings or eternal hoops if you think she will be taking them off all the time. my daughter never messed with hers though. she has hoops because the studs kept coming out when she was sleeping and turning her head around.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011