My Daughter says she hates me, what should i do?

she wrote it on facebook that she hates me and she rather die than live with me and she wrote on her white board a list of people she hates and im first on the list and her father is second....and my boyfriend is next but i dont understand why she hates me if all i did was yell at her and ive done it alot of times and i dont know if this helps but i hit her in her chest and told her ive wanted to do that for fourteen years now...and she wont take my apoligy please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Buy a taser.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• LOL!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, she's a teen. Those years are pretty hard for everyone involved.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just show her your love for her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• wats the taser for
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• She hates you because of her age. She won't hate you forever, and you shouldn't apologize to her, you are her mom, not her friend. If she's not being abused and she hates you because of a logical parenting decision (not in her eyes obviously), then you are doing your job. When I was 14, i told my mom I hated her and she made me copy 5th Commandment and it's meaning out of Luther's Catechism like 20 times. I never told her I hated her again. Not because I actually learned something from the passage (lets face it, I was a teenager) but because that was a LONG passage to write, lol. I "hated" her many more times thru the years...but I got over it as I got older :) She'll be fine. You'll be fine.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Hey - she's a teenager - if we haven't had our teens hate us at least once in their teen years - we are doing something wrong or they don't live with us.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• hormones.
    sunshinehippie

Answer by sunshinehippie at 2:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Bet most of the parents on here with teens have heard that before. I have many times I know it hurts, but it's their drama.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• So - you yell at her all the time and you hit her in the chest then reaffirmed hitting her by saying I've wanted to hit you like that for 14 yrs....and you're wondering why she hates you??? Hmmm...I'm sure treating her with no respect wouldn't be the issue at all.

However I'm sort of seeing some sarcastic humor in this post, so for what its worth - I'll agree with getting the taser.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011