What age do u start potty training?

my baby will be 2 in july but is very stubborn and head strong so im worried,my 6yr old was a breeze to train but they are like night and day

fleaandtick

Asked by fleaandtick at 9:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my son we started at 2, like the daycare he was going to pushed for. It was a complete nightmare and took us 2+ years to get him potty trained; including two major life changing events that caused him to regress.

With my daughter we waited until she was 3 and she was potty trained in a week.

Both of my kids are stubborn and head strong, in their own ways. If I had it to do again I'd have waited with my son.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I started at 3 when the boys were dry at night. Before that, though, I'd introduced the potty and they knew what potties were for.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I started mine right before he turned 2 and boy oh boy it took a while lol...i've heard girls are easier than boys but idk...my son is stubborn as well..
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My son will be 3 in Sept. and we are just potty training. He's doing pretty good. With all my kids it was a different age. My rule of thumb with all of them has been that if they don't start to at least start get it in the first week, I hold off til they are a little older. Once they were ready, it never took more than a couple weeks to have them potty trained.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My daughter started at 2 years old when I started training her.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I waited till my son who is 2 was showed he was very interested in it. I gave him everything he need the potty seat and all. He started to know when he needed to be changed and after the diaper he wanted to sit on the potty. Just not he started letting me know when he needs to go. I say wait it out till they get excited and know what it is for.
    let them see you it it will help!
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011