Why does my child ,(spank herself)right after I spanked her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a feeling she is acting on your example. The question is how much are you spanking? Are spanking any other children in front of her? Both my kids never did this, now 17 years old and 11 years old. I did spank but very rarely. I think you need to talk to the kids, even at young ages. They understand a lot more than you think. An correct bad behave when it happens with no. The good behave give hugs and kisses lots of them. I know every kid is different, but both of mine are well behaved. Very rarely cause problems. Good luck with this.
    Anonymous

• She is probably trying to understand why you spanking her. I have a rule you only spank if it is out right disobience, remember that your child is going to do things because they are learning right from wrong. Don't get discouraged. You will learn that each bad behavior will respond maybe to different actions from you.
    jennkmcd

Answer by jennkmcd at 9:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Children learn what they live and she is showing you what you are teaching her. You might want to try other ways of discipline. Some people may get the wrong idea if she were to do it in public.
    SexiFala

Answer by SexiFala at 9:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• She is just mocking what she sees. Thats how they learn!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• That's actually pretty cute! I wonder if spanking is not going to be effective for her?
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 2:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2008