first crush

what age did your kid have his/her first crush?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well my son is seven and going through a crush stage already! He has come home from school twice already crying over his crush. They are in first grade together and have always been in the same room since preschool. He usually sits next to her on the school bus to and from school but once in awhile this other kid will sit there and then it becomes the end of the world for my son. He told me "But I'm the one who knows her since preschool not him!" I just try to tell him to take turns with the other kid and be nice.

I think my first crush was around eight or nine.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My DD#1 had a crush in Kindergarten. It was a boy she knew in Pre-K also.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 8:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• kids can have them at any age
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 8:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my DD had a crush on a kid around kindergarten or 1st grade, but as far as really being interested in boys....she'll soon be 13 and she's just now sort of trying it out. She still isn't really "boy crazy"...thank goodness she is confident in herself! We believe in close supervision and know she's going to grow up, so we're just trying to guide her in what is "age appropriate". Which is quite the opposite of what some other parents think is age appropriate. I am really glad the parents of the boy that she likes are also on the same page with us. That could be a big problem if they weren't...she still won't be allowed to date for several years.
    Anonymous

• My child is unborn, so I'm obviously not at that point yet. I remember having my first "crush" when I was about 4 years old. It was one of my older brother's Boy Scout friends and I chased him around the yard and told him I was going to kiss him-- which I never did, by the way. :) After that I didn't really have a crush until I was in 2nd grade or so, and it was nothing serious. I always had a crush of some sorts after that point, and didn't kiss a boy until I was 12 years old.
    Anonymous

• My son had his at about 3 and he's now 5 and still in love:) He's crushing on a friend of mine.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008