Texting

Pet Peeve!

Okay so my cousin just texted me at 9:30pm asking if I were still awake. I text back yes asking if all is okay. Now it is taking her forever to text back like WTF! We dont text this late ever so its kind of strange of course I am going to think something is going on text back that everything is okay at least!

She & this isnt the first & only time someone has done something of the sort. Texts at a strange hour or with a strange question then takes forever to get back to you making you wounder if something has gone wrong you know! Arg does this ever happen to you!?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I get it...and I'm a worrier!!! So, I ALWAYS think the worst.
    For example: a few years back, my father called me (from 3 states away). When I answered, he wasnt on the line, and there was a loud grinding noise. I FREAKED OUT!! Called my sisters, and my SM, who I never really spoke to up to this point, thinking he was in a meat shredder or something. Come to find out, he was outside mowing the lawn and butt dialed me...which happens to me ALL THE TIME, by EVERYONE because of the wonderful name Amy!!! LOL
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes but I figure that if it was important, they would call me. I don't let it worry me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yea...too much and I HATE it! ugh! its like if you're gonna text me this late then at least answer me!!! :P
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Jademom - good point if it were an emergency someone would call your right! BTW my cousin still hasent texted back haha she had a rough day earlier asking me about being depressive etc. I am thinking it has something to do along those lines her simply being down in the dumps or something.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would just call them. I'm not going to sit on my hands - if I want the info, I'll take the steps to get it myself.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Figured it out ladies! My cousin who has three small boys 4, turning 3, & just turned 1 has been a bit depressive lately. She asked if I would watch her kids tomorrow while her & her mother (my aunt) have a mom/daughter date & go out to lunch or something. I figured it had something to do with her feeling down lately (shes going to speak with her doc soon too) but I said no problem my daughter will enjoy the extra company.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i hate it when people bug me at night with texting. everyone usually knows that if they are bothering me at night they better have a good reason or they are getting a ass chewing. lol
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sometimes texts don't always go through right away. It's like they get lost in the air out there. lol

I don't really let it bother me. To me, that's the great thing about texting, it's not intrusive to me. I can ignore it if I want.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yeah that always happens and i hate that. but its good to know she finally texted or called you back.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2011