I just told a friend that my husband and I are tried of their family blowing us off, she seemed shocked should I clarify this for her?

We invite them kids and all to our house for dinner, and or swimming in the pool all the time. They rarely reciprocate and most recently they have blown off an invite for "better offer" the next day. I do feel that I need to clarify to her what I mean by "blowing off", its more like we feel that we aren't quite "cool" enough to be included. This is SO rediculous and highschoolish I can't believe I'm even writing this but it now has effected my kids (because they thought their friends were coming over) which stinks. I'd just ignore it and not pursue the friendship but these were what we used to think of as good friends; they are even my 2 year olds Godparents. Ugg..

ashmor906

Asked by ashmor906 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Id sit her down and really talk to her about it. Explain exactly how you feel, and that you know it sounds somewhat childish, but they mean a lot to you, and you want to keep a tight relationship with them. And, make sure you explain that your children wewre hurt this last time, and thats not something you can easily ignore or brush off. You want to get a grasp on the situation before it begins to really detroy the relationship. If she cant see things from your end a little bit, then you'd be better off finding "new" friends, even if it really hurts/sucks. Sorry you're going through this...Good luck!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think you should talk to her if you want to keep the relationship
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would talk to her. A good friend doesn't blow off plans with you when something "better" comes along.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yeah, maybe invite her over for a cup of tea to talk things over. And hope she doesn't blow you off again!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You maybe should sit down and clarify what you said, because it could have come out wrong to her, and maybe she is thinking that you don't want to be friends anymore.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My sister does that to us all the time. I just do not make plans with her anymore. And when she complains that I don't have time for her, I let it go in one ear and out the other. I will no longer waste my time and energy trying to have a relationship with her. If she wants one, then she has to pursue me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• why would you tell her that, i mean if she has other plans or wants to do something else that doesn't involve you and your family she should be able to. if she doesn't recipocate then so be it. just don't ask her to come over so much or spend that much time with you guys.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2011