Am I ever going to feel better?? Am I ever going to feel normal again??

I just gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby girl. Today, it's been two weeks.
I'm feeling miserable !!! I'm in tears at all times! Everything and anything gets to me. Inhale been at it with poor DH and everyone around me. I feel so alone. I'm scared of everything around me. For example, my DH goes tomthe store, and I'm all worried he won't come back because something bad is going to happen to him. Or, weather if my kids are breathing and are going to make it.
I'm so sad! I feel like a horrible mother! Like a failure.
I was just doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen and I couldn't help the tears that were falling down.
DH has been on me asking me what's going on and I have been avoiding him and acting like nothing is wrong.
I finally got the courage to open up and talk to him, so I called and his VM picked up. He txts me 5 mins later asking what's up... I said call me when you get a chance. Now I don't know when I can get the courage to open up and talk to him and tell him how horrible I've been feeling,
How do I put pride aside and open up to my amazing husband? How do I talk to him with no limits? How will I ever recover from all of this??!!
Help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• call your doctor
    sounds like possible PPD
    nothing to be embarassed about
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with fiatpax
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• it sounds like maybe you have ppd, go see your doctor.
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It sounds like you have the baby blues. It should pass soon but if it doesn't go to your doctor bc it could easily turn into ppd and that is something you want takin care of fast. as for your husband, trust him and tell him how you feel.
    AudinCadesMommy

Answer by AudinCadesMommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• PPD.. nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about :) it happens to the best of us.. I actually am being treated for it.. I have since my dd was born and I just went today to talk to a therapist about my ongoing anxiety issues .. Just make sure you get help for it.. It is very important to take care of it NOW.
    good luck! and congrats!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Talk to your OB about it - it could be PPD and you don't want to leave that untreated. Feel better and enjoy your baby!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You fight yourself and fake it until it feels better. Either you are exhausted and the fatigue plus hormeones are still a little sideways -which I totally experienced at about this time after dd was born- or you are experiencing post partum depression. If I were you, I would give it a week or so and see how you feel. Know that it will be better soon. I remember crying for no reason and being a total basket case. My dd is now 23. :-) I feel you are just going through a phase and soon it will pass. Hang in there and fight against it.... Keep smiling and force yourself to cling to humor- it will help....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• post partum depression is common after you have a baby and you should talk to your doctor, and really try to tell your husband how you feel, because he's going to be the one person who can help you the most.. he's there everyday, pride is not worth your relationship being damaged..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• AWWW.. i am really sorry you are having such a hard time right now- it does sound like Postpartum Depression & your doctor can help you w/ some meds. to help you feel better- Please call them right after you tell your Amazing Husband how hard of a time you are having.. let him help you get through it; it is o.k.- you don't need to be Super Woman- but, you do need to feel Better.. i hope you feel better very soon- wishing you lots of luck & Congratulations on your new bundle of joy:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yeah. Definately sounds like PPD...and the others are right. Its not something to be ashamed of. Its a lot more common than most people think. I had it with two of my three children. One was a mild case. One was....well...worse. It never got dangerous for me or my children, but I worried all the time about everything, and it made me miserable. See your doctor and get some help. It probably wont last very long, but you DONT want to wait to see how bad it gets, or how long it lasts.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011