How long did you breastfeed for, or how long do you plan to breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• 14 months so far.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• DD#1 for 8 months (due to working, I wasn't able to keep up the supply to the demand)
    DD#2 for 11 months (I was trying to wean her at 10 months but we both got awfully sick and I continued to BF because it was better for both of us. I finally had to stop because she needed to start on solids and wouldn't take them if I was still BFing her.)
    DD#3 for 10 months, she weaned herself.

Once in awhile I miss it so we just cuddle. Atleast they are still willing to cuddle with mommy.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 8:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I planned to BF until my son was about 18 months. However, at 10 1/2 months, he stopped and has not been interested since. He's one year old now and I still pump and give him my milk in a cup. But, he only gets about 8 oz a day due to my supply. The rest is supplemented with formula. I'm going to pump for a while longer but since he has stopped nursing, my supply is dwindling pretty quickly. I miss it! I wasn't prepared at all for him to stop like he did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My daughter is almost 1 and I will let her nurse untill she's done, however long that may be, however, I would like to quite before she goes to college. I am also pregnant (yes, I got pregnant while breastfeeding) and I plan on tandem nursing as long as they both want. It is the healthiest thing for both of us, and I would never wean.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I BF unitl my daughter was 18 months. I tried to take her off at 12 months but she would cry until I would give it to her. So it took awhile to get her off.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• 21 months so far. I plan to nurse until he is ready to stop.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I breastfed my oldest for 5 months (I was so stupid and didn't understand what i was doing) But i learned with my youngest. She nursed for 24 months and 1 week. She weaned on her own.. which made me cry!When i get pregnant again (if i do) I'll let that baby nurse as long as possible.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 11:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My baby is due in April- I plan to BF her until she's at least 18 months, hopefully until she's 2 1/2 or so. I may do child-led weaning-- that is, let her decide when it's time to stop. The benefits of breastmilk don't decrease just because your child becomes a toddler.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My daughter weaned at 13.5 months because I was pregnant. My son is still nursing at 16 months and will be allowed to do so until he decided to stop. Although, if he is still nursing at 4 or 5, I'd probably encourage weaning at that time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008