Sleep overs?

I personally will not allow my kids to sleep over or have friends sleep over. In today's society there are too many problems associated with this.

Do you do sleep overs?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes. We have allowed their friends to sleep over as well as ours have gone to them. We've met the other parents and explained the 'rules" to all of them (meaning ours) such as keeping your/their friends hands and feet to your(them)self, no inappropriate language, acting or touching and ABSOLUTELY NO SECRETS. We have also let the other parents aware of what we've told ours so that we're all on the same page and they're glad we did/do. And I think that it's because of these steps, our children have never had any problems with their friends being at our house or vice versa. IMO, it's the parents responsibility to "feel out" the situation before you let your children take part in it.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• depends on the age of the child and if the parents if the other child or you are around, because if they are free to go off where they want to then its not a good idea
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 8:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I just posted this question and then I saw yours... Of course I would allow sleep overs... They are a normal part of being a kid. I see no danger, I'll know where they are and know who they are with. We were never allowed to do this stuff growing up because my mom is a JW. But we still snuck out and drank and what not with our friends. Had we been at a sleep over she would have at least known we were gone... And we would have most likely been safer!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Heck yes we have always had sleep overs and have allowed our children to attend sleep overs, much like anything though I don't do so without having checked out the parents, the home, the rules in that home etc... I loved having sleep overs. I loved getting invited to them and I have enjoyed being a part of them as the mom...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008